This tutorial shows how to redeem and activate a „Steam Product Code“ aka Steam Key inside the Steam Client. If you've purchased a game that requires Steam for the first time, you should follow these instructions to activate the game on Steam.
How to activate a game on Steam?
If you haven't installed Steam yet, you should download the client from the official Steam / Steampowered website and install it on your computer.
Download the Steam client here:: http://store.steampowered.com/about/ (Official website)
Install and start your Steam client.
Activate the Steam key... But where?
For new users, it's easy to miss the "add a game" button inside the Steam client. We created an graphic which should guide you through the process. Just follow the instructions and activate your new game on Steam.
- 1. Click the button "+ ADD A GAME..." in the bottom left corner of your Steam client.
- 2. You must agree with the Subscriber Agreement. Click the "I AGREE" button to proceed.
- 3. Insert your Steam key in the field labeled with "Product Code".
- 4. Click the "Next" button to activate/redeem your game on Steam.
- 5. After you've clicked the "Finish" button you can start the download of the game!
Follow Epic Bundle on Facebook for GAME bundles / GAME deals / GAMES for FREE!
If you've any question or problem with this step by step guide, then just take a look at the comments! Feel free to ask a question, or just add a note!
Epic Bundle collects and presents awesome GAME bundles, the cheapest GAME deals, and the hottest GAMES for FREE in an unique way. Find the greatest bundles by Humble Bundle, Fanatical / Bundle Stars, Indie Gala, Stack Social, and many more, and save money buying bundled games, e-Books, and software.